25 January 2008

They'll call me Miss C

I'm going to be a chemistry teacher in DC starting next August. I just accepted the offer from Teach For America, and I'm going to be a chemistry teacher in less than 9 months. Am I excited? Am I happy? Am I worried? Am I half scared out of my mind? All of the above.

If I have the privilege and misfortune to run an in-class lab, I'm going to have a lot of fun. Kids setting themselves on fire, setting the table on fire, me not knowing what to do because I am terrible with lab safety.

If I teach high school (which I probably will, since I'm assigned to be strictly a chemistry teacher), some of my students will be taller than me. Some of them might even be almost as old as I am. I think I'm too young for this.

But it could be great. I opened a new blog on TeachFor.Us where hopefully I'll be able to write about my teaching mishaps and triumphs (somehow I think there will be more of the former) throughout the next two years.

2 Comments:

At February 25, 2008 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I would love to read about your experience as a teacher but you haven't up dated any of your blogs on that matter. How are you doing?

 
At March 01, 2008 6:58 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

Well, I haven't started teaching yet! I start training next June, so I'll have more things to say about teaching then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home